A glimpse of Carlisle and the Lake District, visit to the Burrell Collection, ride on the Falkirk Wheel, visit Stirling, Edinburgh and The Royal Yacht Britannia, The Rob Roy History Centre, Callander, The Trossachs National Park, Loch Lomond, enjoy a traditional Scottish evening at your hotel, and finally a visit to Little Moreton Hall.
- Day 1
- Early morning departure from local area and drive to Carlisle with refreshment/comfort stops en-route.
Dinner in the Hotel.
- Day 2
After breakfast continue the journey to Glasgow to visit the Burrell Collection and have Lunch. Continue to your hotel in the Erskine area, our base for the next 4 nights
Dinner in the Hotel.
- Day 3
- After breakfast join the coach for a full day excursion to heading Falkirk for a ride on the Falkirk Wheel, the world's only rotating boat lift. Continue to Stirling for the afternoon - stroll around the ancient streets, view the monument of Scottish hero William Wallace (whose life was dramatised in the film Braveheart) and perhaps visit Stirling Castle.
Return to the Hotel for the evening.
- Day 4
- Full day excursion to Edinburgh, starting with a visit to the Royal Yacht Britannia, moored at the Ocean Terminal, Leith. Continue into the city centre with free time to explore the city.
Return to the hotel for a Traditional Scottish Evening. This comprises a 4 course Scottish themed menu, dram of whisky, tea/coffee, a piper, Ceiligh Band and Scottish dancers. Participation in the dancing is welcomed so bring your dancing shoes if you wish.
- Day 5
- After breakfast join the coach for another full day excursion. The morning will include free time in the delightful Scottish Town of Callander and a visit to the Rob Roy History Centre. After lunch drive through the Queen Elizabeth Forest Park and the Trossachs National Park, with a tea stop on the way, to the head of Loch Lomond. Return to the Hotel for our final Evening meal.
- Day 6
- It's an early start, farewell to Scotland and head south for a Coffee stop near Penrith then on to Congleton for an extended lunch stop at Little Moreton Hall, a National Trust property. After Lunch continue the journey back to your local area.