Alpine Winter Wonderland
Overnight stays around Metz, 5 nights in a winter wonderland resort such as Feldkirch, of James Bond fame; guided tour of Bregenz, ride to the top of the Pfander mountain for the panoramic views, enjoy the special experience of the Glacier Express with its magnificent views, guided tour and tasting at a schnaps distillery and alpine cheese dairy. A day to relax in resort allowing the driver a rest day is included.
- Day 1
Channel crossing to Calais and travel to Metz for overnight stay
- Day 2
Continue south to the Austrian Alps and your hotel in Feldkirch, your home for the next 5 nights.
- Day 3
After breakfast join the coach for a morning guided tour of the city of Bregenz, the capital of Vorarlberg. In the afternoon take a ride up the Pfänder mountain (1,064 m) where you will be greeted with a unique panorama of Lake Constance and 240 Alpine peaks in Austria and Germany.
- Day 4
- This day will be an unforgettable experience. Cross the border into Switzerland to take an exhilarating ride on the slowest express train, the Swiss Glacier Express. The rail ride will take you through amazing scenery, climbing to the summit of the Oberalp Massif. Enjoy breathtaking views through quaint mountain towns. Transfer back to your hotel in Feldkirch.
- Day 5
- A day to relax in the resort, enjoy the scery and the shops. For those wanting to explore further afield, take the local train to visit Liechtenstein.
- Day 6
- Today your journey takes you into the magical Bregenzerwald. The brothers Bentele have already poured the welcome schnapps. You can expect a tour of the apiculture and Bentele distillery including a tasting. In the alpine cheese dairy you can experience close the art of cheese-making. Return to the hotel for dinner
- Day 7
- Depart Feldkirch and drive to Metz for overnight stay.
- Day 8
- Continue to Calais for Channel crossing and return to local area.